The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Policy key definitions
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: A8382134.
- Lawful basis: Legal Obligation
The reason we use this basis: Personal data that is processed through the website is done in accordance with GDPR.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Our EMS provider is; hotmail. The following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
Obtaining data or requesting us not to obtain data
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee, currently fixed at GBP 30; and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity, for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank, plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for our business purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for business purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for our business purposes.’
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template